Monday, February 13, 2012

Prime RID Wheeljack

Its that time again.  A new Transformers line has been released and now its the mad rush to get your first wave.  Even after the First Editions cancellation fiasco that just happened when I heard that the first wave of Robots in Disguise was in stock I was on my mission.  I have been trying to sweet talk Target personnel to no avail, and then this weekend there they were.  Hanging on the pegs at my local Toys R' Us was the first wave of Prime RID figures (minus the Soundwave).  I immediately snatched Wheeljack and went on my merry way. 
 
Wheeljack is one of my favorite G1 characters.  Firstly he is an engineer by trade, so that is a plus in my book.  In Transformers:  Prime Wheeljack is a survivor of the Wreckers crew, and one of Bulkhead's best friends.  To add to his amazing resume, he is a total badass as far a combat is concerned.  All these things are why he has been the figure I have been looking for since they have been showing up.

Wheeljack's mold is perfect.  His head mold is a great nod to the original Wheeljack. Additionally the transformation is seamless.  It all snaps into place and presents a perfect figure in every way.  Wheeljack is incredibly articulated and stable in most circumstances.  His accessories are dual swords that when in car mode either store under the carriage or stick out from the head light portions for a ram and stab effect.

Again the vehicle mode is a great nod to the original down to the pin striping.  I love how this figure turned out.  Even with the new trend of an alternate mode that seems a bit dwarfed by previous lines, this figure really unfurls out and becomes incredibly impressive. 
Wheeljack has given me hope for the remainder of the Prime RID line.  I have not been able to put him down since I released him from his blister prison.  I highly recommend that anyone pick him up.  He is one of my favorite figures that I have gotten from the main line in quite a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment