Monday, April 25, 2011

Perceptor

A precursory evaluation presents distinct problematic apprehension.  In English...like everyone else it seems like I have been trying to hunt down a Perceptor.  About a month ago I stumbled across my Scourge and Kup, but Perceptor and Wrek-Gar continued (and continue) to elude me.  Luckily I logged onto Hasbro Toy Shop at the right time and finally got a chance to order this guy.  Then after a nice little wait... he finally arrived to me on a rainy Ohio Saturday.

So the number one question... was he worth the wait and the hassle?  Definitely! Perceptor is an amazing re imagining of our favorite Autobot inventor.  He captures his old look perfectly in his robot mode.  I absolutely love the lack of an expression on his face.  Also as you can see... he can grasp his percetor!  Sorry for the same pose (and bad pictures) but I absolutely love this about him.  The alternate mode looks really amazing, but I couldn't allow myself to take Perceptor out of his amazing robot form. 

Also Hasbro was nice enough to include a flip down chest plate... just like his microscope precursor. 
I have to say that this is again one of my favorite figures for this line.  He is definately worth the wait.  my only grip is that he didn't come with a sniper rifle (Sorry I love All Hail Megatron).  I thought that he was supposed to come with one from earlier images, but I believe that my mind is playing tricks on me.   I may remedy this by picking up another Blurr, and giving Percepts the rifle, maybe Blurr can find his way over the the toybox at James' crib...

Name:  Perceptor
Faction:  Autobots
Accessories:  NONE (What a Gyp!)
Line:  Generations (Reveal the Shield)
Price Point:  Deluxe ($9.00-$12.00)
Grade:  A+

No comments:

Post a Comment